Saturday, July 13, 2019

Day 6

2 consecutive sessions after a SAP break for 2 days.

Session 1
I opened the 2 plastic bags containing the FTT w/odor in the kitchen and placed the FTT in the waistband of my pants.  Covered by a t-shirt.  I did a few things in the kitchen for perhaps 30 seconds and then sauntered into the family room.  Raya immediately walked over to me as I was moving, sniffing  loudly and then Bumped me several times. I returned to the kitchen with Raya and had a cheese party!

Session 2
I remained in the kitchen and ate a piece of pizza.  Raya was in the family room.  Again, I sauntered into the FR and sat down in the wing chair.  She came over to me, sniffing and immediately Bumped.
We returned to the kitchen for another cheese party.

Session 3
I remained in the kitchen another minute or so and then strolled into the FR for a third time BUT this time, no FTT on my person.  Raya followed along but did not sniff and did not Bump.

No video.  Video screams "WE ARE TRAINING" and I couldn't get it set up without her seeing it.

Session 4
For session 4 I had Raya on Place.  She did not see me get the sample, but she did hear me open the plastic bags.  Once again I placed the FTT in my waistband.  Once again, sauntered across the FR, through the open door and stopped about 6' from the door.  Raya followed, stopping at the open door and waiting for cue to come out.  As soon as she crossed the threshold, she began sniffing and Bumped my leg.  This was the first time I had chained the behavior out of doors.  This happened about an hour and a half after sessions 1-3.  Raya had eaten her dinner in the interim.  We went together to the kitchen for a cheese party.  SO, we have transitioned from rewarding at the source to having a delayed reward.


Dog ID::
15
Date/Time
7/13/19.  330PM
Training Location
home
SCENT TYPE:  (clothing/saliva/swab/other)
clothing
Origin:
Donor #3
Date of Capture:
4/21/19
AGE WHEN USED:
83 days.   Day 4
SAMPLE CONDITION: (frozen/refrigerated/room temp/other)
room temp
SAMPLE STATE: (gauze/dental cotton/cloth/hydrated/other)

SESSIONS:
1
2
3
4
CONTAINER TYPE:
FTT

FTT

0
FTT
INTENSITY:  (# of holes)
5
5
0
5
# of CONTAINERS:
1
1
0
1
# of SCENT OPTIONS:
1
1
0
1
MODE of PRESENTATION: (hand/surface/wheel/other)
tucked in waistband
tucked in waistband
NO ODOR
tucked in waistband
Target Scent in #




Training Location
FR
FR
FR
front courtyard
Air Flow
ceiling fan, open windows, open door
ceiling fan, open windows, open door
ceiling fan, open windows, open door
outside
Reps:
1
111
% Success Rate:
100%
100%
100%
100%
Length of Search::
:02
:02
:05
:10

TRAINER NOTES:
Since refreshing the scent sample on July 9, it has been double bagged and stored on the shelf across from the kitchen.  Prior to July 9 I had been storing the double bagged sample on the kitchen counter.  More or less light?  I don't know.  More or fewer counter odors?  Probably.  QUESTION: How long will this sample remain viable being stored in the new location?

COMMENTS:

No comments:

Post a Comment