330AM
In the dark, played the Find It Game.
First, Raya watched me get the cheese out of the refrigerator.
I did 5 hides:
- LR, under yoga mat on coffee table
- DR hallway, tucked into back of white chair
- FR, tucked into paper manual on floor
- stairs to office, wafted as I went up the stairs to place at edge of first stair and the wall
- hall tree by front door, pocket of my jacket
All hides were found in fewer than :20. I determined the odor to be viable.
Then, as Rachel suggested, we went into the FR and I sat in the training chair. In hand, L and R X2 each side. Next I let Raya watch me put the NTT into my right pocket. Sniff, target, alert. X3. She watched me move it to my left pocket. Sniff, target, alert. X3
Leaving the NTT in my L pocket, I moved to the sofa and cued her to Find It. Sniff, target, alert. X1
Raya watched me move the NTT to R pocket. Sniff, target, alert. X1.
While Raya remained in Sit in FR, I moved to the dark dining room. Find It to release. Some sniffing before targeting NTT still in R pocket. Sniff, target, alert. X1
I moved to LR. Moved NTT to L pocked. Find It release. Sniff, target, alert. X1
I moved to stairs again and placed NTT on stairs to office and then sat on bottom stair. Find It release. Raya came directly to me. This is the IMPORTANT part. Loudly sniffing, she sniffed L pocket and R pocket but DID NOT ALERT to residual odor. Then quickly searched bathroom, back to hall tree and dining room. Back to me and my pockets. She finally found the NTT on the stairs but I honestly suspected in was the recent history of the location rather than following odor. NOTE: when placing on the stairs this second time I did NOT waft.
No comments:
Post a Comment