Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Training the Chain - Day 2

Session 1
Following Rachel's suggestions from training in bed (Comments Day 1).  I fed Raya and got coffee.  I picked up the container holding the FTT and the extra cap, a small scoop of kibble and a clicker.  She saw all of this.  And I'm sure she smelled the kibble.  We went upstairs, got on the bed.  I got things arranged and settled on the bedside table.

Did 4 identical presentations.  All with the same results, except for the Bump behavior.
1. Raya began sniffing as I changed caps on the FTT.  I presented it (held it) in my R hand.  Raya nose targeted it immediately.  I waited :05 for C/T.
2. Same as above.  I waited :04.  2 nudges on FTT.  C/T.
3. Same as above.  I waited :06. 2 strong Bumps on stomach.
4. Same as above.  I waited :05.  3 strong Bumps on stomach and a soft whimper.


Dog ID::
15
Date/Time
9/3/19
Training Location
home
SCENT TYPE:  (clothing/saliva/swab/other)
clothing
Origin:
Donor #3
Date of Capture:
4/21/19
AGE WHEN USED:
 136 days old.    Day 2
SAMPLE CONDITION: (frozen/refrigerated/room temp/other)
room temp
SAMPLE STATE: (gauze/dental cotton/cloth/hydrated/other)
leggings
SESSIONS:
1
2
3
4
CONTAINER TYPE:
FTT
FTT
FTT
FTT
INTENSITY:  (# of holes)
5
5
5
5
# of CONTAINERS:
1
1
1
1
# of SCENT OPTIONS:
1
1
1
1
MODE of PRESENTATION: (hand/surface/wheel/other)
in hand
in hand
in hand
in hand
Response
target on
source
nudge
target
Bump
stomach
Bump
stomach
whimper
Training Location
bed
bed
bed
bed
Air Flow
3 open windows/
2 fans
3 open windows/
2 fans
3 open windows/
2 fans
3 open windows/
2 fans
Reps:
1
111
% Success Rate:
100%
100%
100%
100%
Length of Search::
:05
:04
:06
:05

TRAINER NOTES: I have changed one criteria on form to show Raya's response to presentation.  It is highlighted in Bold above.


Session 2
615
Same location, position as above.

Trial 1
Same as above except this time I did 10 reps.  Presented FTT in hand.  First and second presentations were nose targets to FTT.  Beginning with the third presentation, after presenting the FTT it turned my hand slightly upward and Raya immediately Bumped my leg.  On the subsequent 7 presentations she was sniffing and Bumping.  Delivering treat at source.

Trial 2
625
Raya was sleeping at the foot of the bed.  As I opened the container she turned and watched me.  This time I placed the FTT inside of my sleeping shirt.  She watched me.  She came and lay down beside me, sniffing.  10 reps of Bumping my leg.  Delivering treat at leg.


Dog ID::
15
Date/Time
9/3/19
Training Location
home
SCENT TYPE:  (clothing/saliva/swab/other)
clothing
Origin:
Donor #3
Date of Capture:
4/21/19
AGE WHEN USED:
 136 days old.    Day 2
SAMPLE CONDITION: (frozen/refrigerated/room temp/other)
room temp
SAMPLE STATE: (gauze/dental cotton/cloth/hydrated/other)
leggings
SESSIONS:
1
2
3
4
CONTAINER TYPE:
FTT
FTT

INTENSITY:  (# of holes)
5
5

# of CONTAINERS:
1
1

# of SCENT OPTIONS:
1
1

MODE of PRESENTATION: (hand/surface/wheel/other)
in hand
on body
Response
appropriate/
see above
appropriate/
see above
Training Location
bed
bed

Air Flow
3 open windows/
2 fans
3 open windows/
2 fans

Reps:
10
10
% Success Rate:
100%
100%

Length of Search::
:25
:20




No comments:

Post a Comment