Friday, September 13, 2019

Training the Chain - Day 4

Raya slept on the bed while I went downstairs for coffee and I brought the FTT w/4 day old sample (and bait bag) upstairs and crawled back into bed.  I held the FTT in my hand and Raya quickly caught the odor and came to it, targeted it with her nose.  I waited :10 and cued Bump. She did and I rewarded at source.  Then began the session.  Re-presented X4.  After 4 I removed my hand w/FTT.  Raya, however, continued Bumping and, in frustration, added whining.  So then we had 5 presentations teaching that only Bumps connected to the odor were rewarded.

Now we are taking a break.  I am back on my laptop and Raya is sleeping at the bottom of the bed.  The perfect time for me to re-present the FTT.
Raya was sleeping facing the bottom end of the bed, so I wafted the FTT in her direction.  I had planned to then place it under the covers at my hip, but she reacted immediately to the odor and came to target.  She is tending to rest her head on my at the initial target, relying on the first Bump cue.  Then remaining presentations, she Bump alerts repetitively and strongly.  After 5 consecutive presentations, I removed my hand holding the FTT.  This time, there was no alert behavior.  :)

4th and Final Session this morning was successful from all points of view. I  came upstairs (Raya was with me this time), plopped back onto the bed and dropped the FTT inside my sleeve.  Raya immediately targeted the scent and alerted.  X4.  I removed the FTT and she sniffed, found nothing and did nothing.


Dog ID::
15
Date/Time
9/13/19.   5AM +
Training Location
bedroom
SCENT TYPE:  (clothing/saliva/swab/other)
clothing
Origin:
Donor #3
Date of Capture:
4/21/19
AGE WHEN USED:
149 days old.    Day 4
SAMPLE CONDITION: (frozen/refrigerated/room temp/other)
room temp
SAMPLE STATE: (gauze/dental cotton/cloth/hydrated/other)
leggings
SESSIONS:
1
2
3
4
CONTAINER TYPE:
FTT
FTT
FTT
FTT
INTENSITY:  (# of holes)
5
5
5
5
# of CONTAINERS:
1
1
1
1
# of SCENT OPTIONS:
1
1
1
1
MODE of PRESENTATION: (hand/surface/wheel/other)
on body
on body
on body
on body
Response
sniff, target,
cue, alert
sniff, target, alert
waft, sniff,
target,
alert
sniff, target, alert
Training Location
bed
bed
bed
bed
Air Flow
2 fans
open
windows
2 fans
open
windows
2 fans
open
windows
2 fans
open
windows
Reps:
4
554
% Success Rate:
100%
100%
100%
100%
Length of Search::
appropriate
appropriate
appropriate
appropriate

Since the FTT was still resting on the bedside table and the bait bag was as well.  And because we were back on the be while waiting for the gardeners, I tucked the FTT inside my sleeve.  Raya responded immediately and appropriately.  I did not chart.

TRAINER NOTES:


COMMENTS:

No comments:

Post a Comment